CELEBRITY HUB

Sep 13, 2008

Shubh Joshi, born on Bollywood Club!


A star is born on Bollywood Club!

Shubh Joshi, a 24 year old hailing from a small town in Nainital came to Bombay with dreams to become an actor. He was dismissed by one and many as just another struggler. Until destiny played cupid. And it so happened that he chose to accompany one of his roommates for his second level audition for Zoom’s reality TV show Bollywood Club. He says, “I was standing with my friend who had cleared the first round of audition when one of the organisers asked me whether I have also cleared the first round. I didn’t think for a moment and said ‘yes.’ They took my interview and asked me to come for the finale.”

It was then that he got a chance to perform in front of director Vikram Bhatt. Vikram remembers, “Shubh had chosen an emotional monologue and suddenly after his act he broke down. Everyone was spell bound and for a minute there was pin drop silence. I gave him a standing ovation. He deserved every bit of it. I have never seen someone look into my eyes like he did.” Did his struggle story influence Vikram or was it purely talent that he spotted? “Hardships never make someone a good actor. It’s the talent. If someone’s struggling to be an actor but lacks talent, they are struggling in the wrong field. Before going on the Bollywood Club show, I was quite apprehensive. I am a very sensitive person and such shows actually put you at an uncomfortable platform where the performers pin up a lot of hope on you,” he says. He goes on to add, “I told him that I might not be able to make you a hero but you’ll definitely get a break in my next film.”

So far Shubh has been doing odd jobs to sustain himself in Mumbai. While this episode came as a breath of fresh air, the guy’s very much grounded. He’s honest enough to admit that whatever little money he gets, goes into paying for his ‘maintenance,’ though he regrets not sending it home. By maintenance he means, his grooming which broadly includes his gym fee. Hereon, Shubh seems to be geared to make it big. While it is still uncertain what route his career will take, one thing is for sure that people will sit and take notice.

0 Comments: