CELEBRITY HUB

May 24, 2008

I cannot even think about equality with Kajol: Amita Pathak


It’s very settled trend for daughters and sons of last generation stars to follow the same stardom in Bollywood. But with the latest in the list, Amita Pathak, the scenario is a little different.
Albeit she is not the daughter of any known star but her father, Kumar Mangat, is very well known name in the industry. Let’s share the tête-à-tête with this beau where she opened her heart about her upcoming flick Haal-E-Dil and little more…

Q.: Your first film Haal-E-Dil is on the verge of release. How is your state of mind at this moment?
A.: At this very moment I am very excited and on the other hand nervousness is killing me, too.


Q.: Your father says that you have fulfilled his dream. Did you also have the same dream of becoming heroine?
A.: I talked about becoming a heroine for the first time while I was just three but my father didn’t take me seriously because of my tender age.

I am from a conservative Punjabi family where girls are not allowed much independence but my father allowed me total freedom to fulfill my wishes. Truly speaking it’s not his but my dream that I fulfilled today.

I am really glad that my father accepted my dreams as that of his and helped me throughout to make it true for me.

Q.: Your first film is by your father. Does it prove a better option for you?
A.: It’s really proved a better option for me. It’s only because our industry is loaded with talented people and there are very few amongst them who has the chance to show their talents. And there are many who have no filmy background to support them.

So, it really proved a better option for me to get helped out by my father but at the same time it proved wrong to some extent, too. There were many situations where I couldn’t even express my opinion thinking about how others will react.

Q.: How did you prepare yourself for your character?
A.: I learned acting from Kishor Namit Kapoor. Simultaneously, I went through theater workshops learning many things from famous theater personality Om Katare. Shyamak Davar taught me dancing and I spent few days with Habiba Madam, too.

In that way I tried my level best to prepare myself before facing camera. And that’s not all as I worked as production person with John Mathew for Shikhar and with Visha Bhardwaj for Omkara to learn more about films.

Q.: How is it necessary to learn about production to become a heroine?
A.: I think an actor should know about all nitty-gritty of filmmaking. The time an actor starts thinking that he or she has nothing more to know, his growth will surely stop.

Working with John Mathew I came to know about a director’s perspective towards his actors. There are few actors in our industry who has proved their prowess in filmmaking, too. I would love to be one of them.

Q.: Will you be a director in future?
A.: Yeah, if I have that chance. During the period of learning acting I used to direct songs for all other girls. Besides acting, I think, I have qualities to become a director also. Maybe one day you will see me directing some movies.

Q.: Did you ever try for any other film to act in?
A.: I was approached with many offers but I never found anything interesting in those stories. My father narrated me a story and I really liked it. I then requested him to make a film on the story.

Q.: Usually it has been noticed that new faces are introduced with romantic subjects. Have you ever thought of any such subject?
A.: Yeah, actually it maybe because of my habit of watching so many romantic films since childhood. At the same time one has to agree that no other subject can come equal with the freshness that romantic films can offer. It’s only because of the innocence that romantic films demand from a character that enhances the beauty of actors.

Q.: Please tell us about your character in the film.
A.: Name of my character in this film is Sanjana who is a happy go lucky character like me. She loves without expecting anything in return from anyone. And it’s only because of her innocence that two guys fall for her.

Q.: Usually Kajol carries the name of Sanjana in Kumar Mangat films. How do you relate yourself to her?
A.: To be very frank she is my most favourite actress. I have grown up watching her films only. I cannot even think about equality between us.

I know that I will have to work hard to get to her position but I’ll try for that. Actually the name of my character was supposed to get changed but I requested my father to keep the name.

Hero having the name of Shekhar and heroine called as Sanjana had been proved quite lucky with all our films and that is the reason behind my request to keep the name.

Q.: What would you like to say about Nakul and Addhayan?
A.: Nakul and I are pals for quite long time. Before commencing the shooting we have attended workshop together. That is the secret behind our onscreen chemistry. And about Addhayan, he is quite a naughty guy with a great sense of humour. I really enjoyed working with both of them.

Q.: How about competing with newcomers in the industry?
A.: I don’t believe in competition. I am here to make my dreams of becoming an actress true and never for any kind of competition. All the newcomers in this industry are my friends and I don’t want competition among friends. I would like wish all of them all the best for their future.

Q.: Have you signed any film other than Haal-E-Dil?
A.: No. I am waiting for this film to get released first. I’ll sign my second film only after knowing reactions of the audience. But offers from biggies of the industry have started knocking at my door.

Simultaneously, I am having offers from South Indian industry, too. But for the time being I am not ready for any southee.

source:santabanta.com -

0 Comments: