CELEBRITY HUB

Jun 22, 2008

Bollywood Actor Amitabh Bachchan Interview


1. Your blog has been covered, reviewed and written about extensively. Whatever you write in the blog is becoming “news” in print and on TV channels. Do you think, like Aamir Khan says, you do not need to talk to the press separately anymore?

ANS: I am surprised and intrigued by your observation. I have been travelling out of the country for some time and am unaware of print and TV channel reviews. But its interesting to know from you on the interest on my blog. I have not read or heard Aamir’s remark, but as you can observe, by responding to your questionnaire I have not paid heed to it !

2. Blogging for most is a very personal medium but Indian film actors have used it as a public medium to clarify his or her stands. What has your experience been like? Is it close to writing a diary or is it more a public rejoinder to accusations?

ANS: I have yet to find a definition for the blog or a blog or just blog. It is an intriguing word and I doubt if it would matter what it meant to those that use it. There are no rules for it, so I would imagine it is a medium where an individual has the opportunity to express himself and through that to others as well. If the process is being looked upon as a document of personal thoughts or as a vehicle for clarification and rejoinder so be it. I think for celebrities or those in the public sphere who sometimes desire a method for response this could be the answer.

3. Your usage of English and your writing style are truly praiseworthy. Have you ever thought of writing fiction or memoirs in the language?

ANS: My language and its usage is very pedantic and not worthy of praise at all. You embarrass me by this observation and no I have not thought of writing fiction or my memoirs.

4. Has the response to your posts brought to light anything new about your fans? What is your response to their response to your posts?

ANS: Yes it has. It has brought to light that they have a deeper perception of our profession and our character than we imagine. That they are extremely intelligent and conscious of their bearings. That their affection and love is spontaneous and exuberant and the reason for our existence. That their criticism and abuse at times needs careful consideration, for they are able to see and observe what we may not have and that it is the most joyful experience to connect with them first hand.

5. You son Abhishek and daughter-in-law Aishwarya have become global faces and have been the only movie stars from India on the Cannes red carpet. How does that make you feel?

ANS: I am not so sure of that. We are all here on a private visit. Aishwarya is brand ambassador for L’Oreal which is one of the sponsors for the Cannes Film Festival, so her participation in the festival activities is part of her contractual obligations. The rest of the family is here to be with her in her moment. The family has been spread all over different parts of the world for some time due to our schedules and we decided to meet up here. Aishwarya is a popular face in France and it is a very proud moment for all of us to witness the respect and honour that is accorded to her.

6. You have poured your heart out in your blog about things that have bothered you, about certain people’s actions and words. If you didn’t have the blogging medium would you have been able to express your hurt in some way?

ANS: I cannot say. It is quite possible that I may have kept that inside of me and allowed it to dissolve or fester. But now that there is a viable medium I am happy to be able to express myself.

7. Would have life been any different had things like blogging been around 20-30 years back because with you boycotting the media at that time none of your fans could hear your viewpoints on anything?

ANS: That is an interesting and valuable observation. The media boycotting me and vice versa did erase the opportunity of any documentation or record of events that may have happened in my professional career. I cannot say whether that held any importance at all. Media is the only credible source of any record for posterity other than official documentation by recognised sources. I do not think that media felt it necessary to keep on record what went on in my film or personal life, during the time of the ban. And quite frankly they were not wrong. But I would like to believe that fans love and appreciate your work on film and so long as that was in order, other aspects did not matter. So thank god for the films and their presence, for they kept me alive so to say in the minds of the people.

8. Has there been any pressure on you to use your new love for blogging commercially to promote your films?

ANS: No there hasn’t. But I talk about my films and my roles and my daily activities connected with them and at times putting up photographs and other material. If that helps in the promotion of the film then good.

9. What are the plans with your upcoming website? What features are you planning to include in it?

ANS: Plans are under construction for the website and it should be up shortly. It will have the presence of all members of the family, most particularly my father and his prolific work. I believe it would also invite comment from those not in the family as well, if we feel and consider it to be of value. It shall be a gradual process and we would love for any tips or suggestions on it.

10. Finally, Sarkar Raj is round the corner. How was it shooting with the family? Having shot for the film and perhaps seen it, do you think it can live up to the expectations from a Sarkar sequel?

ANS: Yes Sarkar Raj is due on the 6th of June and the experience has been wonderful. All three of us in front of the camera at the same time has been joyful and exciting. I will be seeing the final copy in a few days so I cannot comment on it yet, but yes we always expect the best to happen with all our products and Sarkar Raj is no exception.

Amitabh Bachchan

source:blogs.bigadda.com

0 Comments: