CELEBRITY HUB

Jul 4, 2008

Actress SONAL CHAUHAN - Interview



Actress SONAL CHAUHAN - Interview

She has all the reason to smile. She has just made her debut but the name Sonal Chauhan has already become popular. Slender and tall, this beauty from Delhi made a dream debut in Bhatt's movie Jannat. Now she is hoping to get the same accolades in Telugu where she begins her journey with director V N Aditya's Rainbow which is readying up for release. Here she spoke to Telugucinema.com at length..

With Jannat turning out to be big hit, you must be on cloud nine now!

Indeed, I am on heavens literally. Jannat's success has really put me on Jannat (laughs). It is certainly a dream debut as you mentioned. People are recognizing me and appreciated my work. I hope Rainbow brings me the same success in Telugu as well.

Were you not apprehensive that acting in a Bhatt movie requires lot of skin show?

No. There is not much skin in the film. I knew it is clean movie.

Anyhow, what is your take on exposing?

I might sound clichéd but I never wear anything that I am uncomfortable in. The idea of skin show varies from person to person. I don't feel awkward in shorts but some others might find it 'exposing'. Personally, I am not in favour of excessive glamour.


Would you do on screen smooches?

I didn't do them on Jannat. Nor would I lip lock in future. That is, onscreen.

When you got the chance to debut in Bhatt's movies, what made you to come down to Telugu?

Soon after I finished Jannat, V N Aditya sir called me after seeing my portfolio through my agent. He was impressed and insisted on me signing this. After all, it is a superb script and my character is well-etched. I must say after finishing the film now, my faith in the script is reinforced and the movie has come out well. I hope that it turns out to be big hit as well. My fingers are crossed now.

Tell us about your character in Rainbow?

I am playing the role of an actress in the movie who aspires to become big in Tollywood. It is very central to the film.

Sounds like a your real life story..

ha..ha.. Not real but it is similar to any girl who aspires to become big in glam field.

How is it working with V N Aditya and your co-stars?

I must say this film unit is the most comfortable one and Aditya sir is the gentleman. He is the nicest person that I ever come across. He is truly genuine and affable director.




How did you start your career..

I am basically from Uttar Pradesh but completed my schooling in Delhi Public School. Then I shifted to Mumbai and had done modelling. I did romping and commercials for big brands including Lays (with Saif Ali Khan), Pepsi (with John Abrams).

I participated in a lot of pageantry all over the world. As you are aware, I got through the much-happening Miss World (Tourism) show. That brought me a great beginning wherever I went. Crowds, young or old, cheered me with love and affection. To say there will not be a full-stop in my career, the title of Miss India favored me.

Who are your favorite actress and actors?
They are Kajol and Sharukh Khan.

You look so anorexic? Are you in favor of size Zero glam?

Really, do I look like that? I am very healthy and eat good food. I don't believe in Size Zero nor do I suggest anyone.

Are you in love?

No comments.

Hobbies?

I love eating and sleeping.

What kind of dress you like most?

T shirts and Shorts.

source:telugucinema.com

0 Comments: