CELEBRITY HUB

Jul 22, 2008

Vidya Malavade Would Jump Off Helicopters


Chak de, Vidya!

Who would’ve thought that the petite Vidya Malavade would jump off helicopters and won’t be scared to be among snakes! The actress pushed herself to do everything she hadn’t dreamt herself to indulge in. Vidya, who’s part of the daring gang of girls in Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi which will be on air at 10 pm on Colors today, even found out that creepy crawlies don’t scare her much. So what made her sign on to do something that’s definitely not a part of her everyday life? “This was like another Chak De for me. When I signed Chak De, I didn’t know anything about hockey. I didn’t even know how to hold a stick properly. But once I got into it I gave it my all. Similarly when the channel approached me with this show, my first reaction was ‘no way’. However, they asked me think again. I realised that I am never going to get an opportunity to do these things again with such a professional crew around.

That’s the reason I agreed to be a part of the show,” she says. As expected doing the stunts was not a cakewalk. Vidya says, “The first stunt was the scariest because I was running a temperature of 103 degrees. The stunt involved jumping off a helicopter into ice cold water and swimming some more. I was thinking whether I should attempt it at all. But then to go back without attempting a single stunt was not acceptable to me. Even when I was in the helicopter, I wasn’t sure about doing the stunt. But then I leaped off the chopper before I could think anymore.” She adds, “Sometimes you shouldn’t think before taking the leap.” Of course Vidya had to bear the consequences too. She was left with a black-and-blue eye and a cut above her eyebrow. Also, Akshay Kumar, who’s the host of the show encouraged her to give it a shot. “Akshay is so much fun. He’s a pro at doing all the stunts. He makes it seem so easy, but when you attempt it, you realise how tough it is,” she says. Looking at Vidya’s brave attempt she can surely try her hand at some actionoriented films.

0 Comments: