CELEBRITY HUB

Aug 29, 2008

Rakhi Sawant somehow always manages to surprise


Traditional is sexier: Rakhi

Rakhi Sawant somehow always manages to surprise, if not shock. That after all, is her USP. Known for her skimpy outfits, Rakhi takes a complete U-turn and declares that she looks the sexiest in a traditional getup.

This revelation happened when the item-queen was getting ready for the bichua number in Vikram Bhatt's forthcoming film 1920.

"The backdrop is of the year 1920 and my getup is in accordance with the era. Getting ready for the song, I realised that I looked sexier in traditional clothes than in modern skimpy clothes," elaborates Rakhi.

And Rakhi being Rakhi doesn't fail to add, "I'm really looking hot and am the only happening sexy thing in the movie. Rest is all horror."

"If I even get a 17th and 18th century character to play, I will still outshine other actresses. I look bold and hot in whatever I wear, it makes me look sexy. And that's why people like me," she adds.

Commenting on her new talk show on TV - The Rakhi Sawant Show - she gives all the credit for its success to the almighty.

But she doesn't reserve any such credit for singer Mika, who had kissed her publicly. When asked whether she would give the singer some credit for bringing so much publicity her way, motor-mouth Rakhi gives a predictable response. "Mika has not given me any publicity. That was the most unfortunate incident of my life. People appreciated me for my action against him and that's why I became so popular. I didn't want to become popular by getting kissed forcibly in public. My courage and conviction has awarded me what I am today."

Courage and conviction, that's what we all identify Rakhi with.

0 Comments: