CELEBRITY HUB

Aug 21, 2008

Shweta Bharadwaj made her debut with Mission Istanbul...


Swetta speaks up about Vivek

Shweta Bharadwaj made her debut with Mission Istanbul, but the poor girl couldn’t be around to enjoy the release of her first film as she was busy working down South.

“I couldn’t enjoy the release of my first film because I was shooting for my South film Indumati. In fact my friends would keep a tab on all that appeared in the newspapers and would call me back. Of course I went through all newspapers when I came back, but it isn’t the same,” she says adding, “In a way it was good because even if anyone said anything bad I didn’t have to hear it.”


With no filmi connection, Shweta managed to make her debut in a high-profile film like Mission Istanbul when Suniel Shetty spotted her on a hoarding. “Suniel saw the hoarding and got in touch with me. He asked me to meet director Apoorva Lakhia. Luckily, I was wearing boots and white shirt and jeans when I went to meet him and that was the look he had in mind for the character. Within no time I had signed the film,” she says. And it’s not just this movie that she got. Shweta will be doing two more films with Suniel’s production house. Next on the cards is Loot.


Shweta, whose character was inspired by Lara Croft had a ball playing the role in Mission Istanbul. “The only thing that I felt sad about was that some action sequences were chopped because they were very violent and we would have gotten an A certificate. I remember I had a ligament tear and my shots were taken after that. But I have no complaints about the scenes being chopped because it works for the film.”

Apoorva is known to make macho movies, so was she comfortable with the male-dominated cast? “See, I am not a star kid to get a big launch but I had a substantial role and I am happy with that,” she says. Shweta was linked to co-star Vivek Oberoi during the making of the film. “I think we were seen somewhere together during our shoot and they immediately paired us together. But seriously, I don’t even know Vivek that well,” she says.


Vivek was said to be miffed for not getting enough prominence in the promotions. “I have no clue about it. Vivek is a nice guy. He’s a little reserved, maybe because he’s been dragged in so many controversies. Maybe now, he thinks before speaking. But I don’t know him that well,” she says. And about Zayed, she says, “Zayed has an open heart. He’s completely chilled out. He clicked a picture with me touching his feet. He said once you become a star I’ll put it on the wall and show everyone!” she laughs.,


Despite having no filmi connections, Shweta is loving her innings in Bollywood. So did she have to face the dreaded casting couch? “I haven’t had any experiences till now, but I am sure it exists. Infact it’s present in every industry and film industry is no different,” she says.

source:timesofindia

0 Comments: