CELEBRITY HUB

Oct 21, 2008

Bollywood Actor Sharman Joshi Interview


'I want to give the best to my audience'

The charm on his face says it all; innocence personifies actor Sharman Joshi.

Be it Sukhi in 'Rang De Basanti' or the over-ambitious Rahul in 'Life in a Metro' , Sharman has proved himself in all the characters he's portrayed on-screen. Recently in Delhi for the promotion of his upcoming movie 'Sorry Bhai' he gets up,

You have been tagged as a multi-starrer actor. What is your take on it?
I am hungry for good scripts. No matter whether it is a multi-starrer or not, if I am convinced with the character I am game. Apart from that, such projects give me a chance to work with the finest actors and directors in the industry. A single person cannot make a successful film. It involves the effort and hard work of many involved.

‘Sorry Bhai’ as the caption says is a story of forbidden love. Tell us something about the film?
‘ Sorry Bhai’ is a sensitive film in which I play the role of a young scientist who goes to attend his brother's wedding and falls in love with the bride. The whole story line has been handled in a light-hearted way. It's a romantic comedy, which uses populist language and at the same time it's a little subversive. But love still finds it way. Shabana Azmi and Boman Irani are the fun and the energy quotient of the movie which explores different aspects of a relationship in a very tactful way.

Hailing from a family of actors, was it easy for you to make a mark in the industry or did you still had to fight your way?
Talent is one thing that always gets noticed in the industry, family has not much of a role to play in that. Nothing came that easily or was a cakewalk for me. One has to love what he is doing so that he can give his best. Both my father and uncle hail from the theatre fraternity. And so is my sister who is a well known face in the telly world. Moreover, I have all the options to return to my theatre roots whenever my film career ceases to satisfy me.

After playing Shabana Azmi's truant son in 'Godmother', it was an avalanche of comedies that followed. How come the shift?
After 'Godmother' it was a break for quite some time for me. Then 'Style ' happened and was followed by a series of comedies. It was just the demand of the character, but with movies like 'Life in a Metro' and ' Hello ' I have shown the other side of myself to the audience. At the moment, I am very happy with my position in the industry.

What are the projects that are keeping you busy at the moment?
Right now, I am working on a handful of films like Tho Baat Packki, Allah Ke Bande with Naseeruddin Shah, then I have 3 Idiots with Aamir and Kareena. Whatever it is I do, I want to give the best to my audience

source:timesofindia

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Massive crush on Sharman. sad he is single.. Sharman, loved your work in "Sorry Bhai" and like Aalia.. I cant get you out of my head :)