CELEBRITY HUB

Dec 5, 2008

Bollywood Actress ' Reema Sen ' Interview



Bollywood Actress ' Reema Sen ' Interview

She is beautiful, glamorous, warm and friendly. All the heroes and directors in Kollywood who have worked with her will vouch for her friendliness and frankness.

Anyone who has met the charming Reema Sen will tell you that she has the knack to make you feel special and at ease.

It’s been two years since her last release Vallavan hit the screens, but the actress is still a hot favourite of all Kollywood directors who want to sign her up. What makes Reema special?
The actress concentrates on one film at a time. For the last few months, Reems, as she is called by friends, has been shooting for Selvaraghavan’s magnum opus Aayirathil Oruvan in various locations from the deserts of Jaisalmer to the forests of Kerala. She now opens up to Chennai Times.

You seem to have disappeared from Kollywood. For the last few months, you have been keeping away from the media, why?
It’s true that I have not had a release in two years. I have been keeping a low profile for the simple reason that I haven’t had anything to talk about. For the last one year, I have been shooting, for one film — Selvaraghavan’s Aayirathil Oruvan. We have shot for over 200 days in various locations across India. I’m enjoying every bit of it, though the terrain has been inhospitable and the weather conditions extreme.

The never ending shooting of the film has been a bit of a joke in the industry.Who cares? I will boldly say Aayirathil Oruvan is truly a spectacular action adventure moving from the 13th century to the present day. It is an attempt by Selva to do a different sort of film on a big canvas. I have almost given two years of my life for the film.

For a commercial star like you, spending two years on a single project could prove suicidal for your career. What do you say?
Many of my friends in the industry have echoed similar sentiments and said I was a fool to give bulk dates. Do you think I would do it if I’m not convinced by Selva’s script and narration?

The buzz is that your movie has been inspired by the Indiana Jones series and Lara Croft’s Tomb Raider...
It’s utter nonsense. Does anybody other than the actors working in the film know the story to make their comments? Let people speculate till the film releases.

How has it been to work with Karthi, who is doing his second film?
The guy is amazing. He understands cinema and is a perfect actor. He is sharp and grounded and I guess it will take him a long way.

There have been reports of ‘Selva torturing you on the sets’ of the film?
Selva is a very demanding director on the sets. Unless he is convinced, he will not okay a shot. He screams, cajoles and pampers to get the scene right. I’m cool with it.

What about Andrea?
The grapevine has it that during the shoot, you were taking potshots at each other, as she was the director’s favourite and he was extending her role?

I don’t know what you are talking about. Andrea and I are ok, though we are not great friends.

The rumour mill has it that Vishal, with whom you did back-to-back hit films, is still crazy about you?
(Laughs) It happened a long time back in Bethlehem, and is more of a media creation. Vishal and his brother Vicky were my good friends and we used to party together along with our group of friends. During Sathyam promotions, he told the media that his dream date was Reema Sen. Well, I guess he has the freedom to say what he wants. I will not react to such things.

Do you like to party?
I like to chill with my good friends Shriya and Trisha. Shriya stays a stone’s throw away from my apartment in Mumbai. All of us gel well and on occasions, we like to party.

A t the Filmfare party, Nayanthara looked through you at the lobby of the hotel where both of you were staying. Please comment...
If people lack basic etiquettes, I can’t help it. I did a film with her, but we were never good friends.

The buzz in Kollywood is that you are doing a very glamorous role and looking sexy in revealing clothes in Aayirathil Oruvan. Please comment.
(Laughs) There is a difference between sensuality and sexuality. All I can say is that it is not like I have worn a two-piece swimsuit and walked out of a pool. Yes, I have a very different look. I have lost weight as I wanted a size zero fit for the film as the script demanded it.

What after Aayirathil Oruvan?
I will be doing more films in Tamil next year. At the moment, I’m onlY committedPriyadarshan’s Malamal Weekly 2 for Percept.

source:timesofindia

0 Comments: