CELEBRITY HUB

Apr 21, 2009

Arshad Warsi refused the Congress offer


Munnabhai Circuits Cong?

Jitna Munnabhai bolega, Circuit utna ich karega!” That’s what actor Arshad Warsi told the Congress, when they approached him to campaign Sanjay Dutt Arshad Warsi with for them.

Warsi, who played Munnabhai Sanjay Dutt’s loyal sidekick in the hugely popular films Munnabhai MBBS and Lage Raho Munnabhai, declined to campaign for the Congress saying that Dutt, who is now Samajwadi Party general secretary, does not want him to promote the Congress.

Said Warsi, “I refused the Congress offer because of my friendship with Sanjay.”

So does that mean he will now campaign for the Samajwadi Party instead?

“No, I will not campaign for them either, and Sanju knows it,” he declared.

Sources say the Congress is fuming over Dutt throwing his weight around and trying to stop other film stars from campaigning for them. Congress spokesperson and Rajya Sabha MP Rajiv Shukla who approached Warsi said, “Arshad refused to campaign only because Sanjay Dutt asked him not to. He says he owes a lot to Dutt, and hence the decision. But I feel this is really unfair to us. I am told that Dutt has called up several actors and stopped them from campaigning for us.”

A furious Dutt, however, was quick to call it a frivolous allegation. “Why should I stop anyone from campaigning for the Congress? I haven’t called up anyone in this regard. And if I really would do such a thing, wouldn’t I have stopped Salman Khan from campaigning for the Congress?” he asked in a huff.

0 Comments: