CELEBRITY HUB

Nov 28, 2009

Why did Akki miss Shilpa's wedding?


Akshay Kumar doesn’t dodge questions. He knows what works and throws it right at you. The promotion of his new film De Dana Dan, he clarifies, wasn’t the only reason that kept him from attending ex-flame Shilpa Shetty’s wedding last week. "I wasn’t invited to the wedding. So you didn’t see me there,” he says in all seriousness. "And of course I’d like to wish her well."

The Chura Ke Dil Mera couple last met on the finale of Bigg Boss season 2 in 2008, and the camera captured evident discomfort between the two. But wishing Shilpa a happy married life, King Kumar moves on to discuss his lucky lady mascot, Katrina Kaif. “I think we both are lucky for each other," he says of the hits they’ve delivered together. “But Katrina was keen on doing an out-and-out comedy with Priyadarshan, and that’s how we got her on board for De Dana Dan. It was a little difficult for her to settle into Priyan’s style of work, but she got it eventually."

Akshay, who currently enjoys the status of being one of the top stars of the industry, struck an ace when he signed director Farah Khan’s directorial venture, Tees Maar Khan recently. While many see it as the end of the Farah-Shah Rukh Khan camp, Akki declares, “There is no camp; I work with everyone. If I like the script of the film, I do it. Everything is just fine.”

The self-confessed sports freak who’s all set to bear the torch in the Winter Olympics to be held in Canada next month, also trashes rumours of having applied for a Canadian citizenship. “I love the country but I’m not even thinking about those things,” he says. “Of course, I’m very excited to hold the torch next month. You know, I’ll do anything for sports. I come from a household where we saw all these events on a black and white television set. So I still find it all strange.”

0 Comments: