CELEBRITY HUB

Nov 4, 2010

Aishwarya Rai Interview

Chit Chat With Aishwarya Rai Interview

With the recently released Robo making waves, Aishwarya Rai talks about what it was like working for the second time with Shankar who directed her for Jeans and now Robo. As for sharing screen space with Superstar Rajinikanth, she says what struck her was his amazing humility. Aishwarya Rai looks forward to Action Replayy and Guzaarish which are releasing back to back

Excerpts from the interview:

You have three major films — Robo, Action Replayy and Guzaarish — releasing back to back.

It was fun for the last two years while the films were being made. For anyone, that's the most exciting time.

You are the only married actress today who has had a consistent career in Bollywood.

I would like say “thank you” but it won't be right to take delight alone in this compliment. There have been many actors who have continued to work after getting married in different decades. In recent times, it had become a preconceived notion that leading ladies would probably not work after marriage but I never paid attention to this even when I was single. I choose to be in films as a professional

With Rajinikanth playing the title role in Robo, do you have a substantial role?

When I work on a film I am not myopic about my role; I see the film in its totality. Of course, my part is important; as an actor I have to be excited about my role

What motivated you to sign on Robo?

First, it was an opportunity to work with Shankar sir and Rajni sir. So when I got an opportunity to work with both of them and on something as technically advanced as Robot, I was more than happy because my dates too could be worked out.

Was it difficult to romance a robo?

I'm kind of spoilt for choices in the film, you will have to see how things correlate and who I romance and who romances me.

What were your thoughts on robots before doing this film?

We have always been subjected to a particular imagery and stereotypical form like the ones shown to us by the toy stores.

Films with special effects have the actors enacting their roles in front of a green screen. Did you find that amusing?

Shankar had to explain lots of things during Jeans.. It was a first for me and it was fascinating. But over a period of time, I have done so many films where we have acted in front of a green screen.

What did you like best about working with Rajinikanth?

I have seen Rajini sir's work, I have read about it, and seen how enthralled his audiences are with what he does. It was amazing to see him do that everyday and do it so simply. He brings a smile to your face. I recognize him as a superstar. But as a person, he is so humble.
 Aishwarya Rai Childhood Photos, Reallife Photos, Marriage Photos
Aishwarya RaiProfile

0 Comments: